Our client is a Toronto based quantitative finance research firm, specializing in developing computer based statistical trading strategies. They have engaged ROSS (www.getROSS.com) to search for a C++ Electronic Trading Systems Developer.
ROSS is a team of People Specialists helping companies align their People Strategy with their business growth. We provide contingency recruitment in addition to remote or onsite HR and Recruitment solutions such as Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO) and Recruitment Augmentation.
Please note that working hours are 7am-5pm and are not flexible. However, there's no need to ever work from home (no remote access) and there's rarely overtime above this 50 hour work week. Our client pays extraordinarily high salaries instead!
In this role, you will be responsible for designing and developing distributed, multi-threaded systems focusing on high performance and low latency.
· Post secondary education or equivalent experience. IT related education is preferred.
· 5+ years of professional C/C++/UNIX programming (experience in finance industry preferred).
· Solid background in developing low latency, multithreaded and high performance systems.
· Experience with FIX engines and electronic trading platforms in liquid financial markets is a plus.
· Proven understanding of design patterns, object oriented design, distributed systems and software architecture.
· Solid understanding of Messaging Middleware concepts, usage and application.
· Experience in TCP/IP networking, sockets programming and large projects.
· Detail oriented, strong multi-tasking capabilities and organizational skills.
If you're not interested, but know someone who is; please help a current or former colleague in their career development by referring them. In addition, we're happy to give you a 1,000 referral fee. Click http://www.getROSS.com/referral_fee.php for more details.
Click here to apply online